• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

707 routes, best place for viewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
Hi all, I am not familiar with the routes the 707's are doing and wish to haul some numbers, where is most ideal?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ethano92

As mentioned above, Clapham junction is a good one. They run through the lower numbered platforms there mostly going via Richmond or Hounslow. Most of them run that side however I believe there are usually 2 or 3 diagrams via Wimbledon that are 707s. You're much better off sticking to the side via Putney anyway to spot one. Queenstown road may be a good island platform to scout them out however you won't be waiting long for one to show up.

Bessie

Clapham Junction, Waterloo end of platforms 5/6 has always been a good place to spot anything on the SWR lines. Showing my age here but used to spend many a day watching Class 50's and Class 33's on Exeter and Salisbury services in the mid/late 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.