• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A New Quizmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
In light of the ongoing success of the 'Quizzes and Games' sub-forum and as a result of a Forum Staff review of the overall workload of the Staff Team we have decided to add an additional Quizmaster to the existing team of transportphoto, OxtedL and Class172.

We are pleased to announce that effective immediately fishquinn has been appointed as a Quizmaster with the same powers and responsibilities as the other members of the team.

I'm sure everyone will join me in welcoming him to his new role and wishing him well!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Delighted to welcome fishquinn aboard the team! Though, of course, I've known this was coming long before fishquinn did! ;)

Kite159

Veteran Member
Congrats Quinn

Although did you read the memo that you now have to take a trip on the 08:20 Aberdeen to Penzance service as a rite of passage? ;)

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks both!

What 08:20 from Aberdeen to Penzance? I'm afraid that there's only a few services a day between Scotland and the south and all are formed of 7 coaches ;)!

backontrack

Established Member
Congratulations FISHQUINN! I am sure that your post also includes BCCC provision...or am I mistaken?

Besides the jokes, a lot of luck to Quinn, he's the most deserving person for the post on here and he'll do a brilliant job.

I really hope that the quiz forum can grow and grow from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
:lol:!

Thanks Backtrack! I'm really glad that you'll think I'll do a great job!

backontrack

Established Member
Thanks! I do, though you might want to do a better job at...you know...spelling...my name...

Just kidding. :lol:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I really am pleased to hear of your new appointment and I am sure that you will make an ideal person for the position, as I have always thought you have always displayed a maturity far more than normally can be expected from someone of your age.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks both!

What 08:20 from Aberdeen to Penzance? I'm afraid that there's only a few services a day between Scotland and the south and all are formed of 7 coaches ;)!

I have to admit this is a reference to my trip on the direct service from Aberdeen (0820) to Penzance (2143) some years ago. 5 coaches max tho - Voyagers only!

Congratulations on joining the team!

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks Paul and Ian! At what point did you really want to leave it? Stonehaven? ;)

Kite159

Veteran Member
I have to admit this is a reference to my trip on the direct service from Aberdeen (0820) to Penzance (2143) some years ago. 5 coaches max tho - Voyagers only!

Congratulations on joining the team!

Nope, a reference to the Voyager hate shown by Quinn in his trip reports ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.