• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Personal Decline of Interest in the Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
I mean as far as I'm aware, the 365s are rather iconic here on the Great Northern!

Indeed so, although one wonders how many run-of-the-mill passengers are aware of that name? Somewhere I have a leaflet distributed by WAGN when they first entered service, which doesn't even mention the word, simply referring to "the new 365 train".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crewe Exile

Interesting thread. I was predominantly a haulage man, and gave up mid 1990s. Loco hauled trains had been decimated by then, with all my favourite locos withdrawn or seriously depleted. My interest had been waning for a few years. Other interests took over, football and cricket, together with a job that took up plenty of time.Still enjoy travelling by train, and still speak to folk who used to 'go out on the bash'. The railway today is a completely different world compared to when I was interested. The railways had a certain magic about them, all sorts of interesting workings, throughout the country. Used to love haulage down the North Wales coast - Classes 20, 31, 33, 40, and 45 on regular service trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.