• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Accidentally put the wrong email down on a fine, worried about how I will be contacted.

Baker924

Four days ago I was caught using a shortened ticket with a rail card I didn't have.

I gave them all my information and later paid the fine.

However, upon checking my ticket, I realized I put my email wrong, putting .xom instead of .com at the end.

She caught me while standing up on a moving train, so I accidentally pressed the wrong button on her screen.

I did send a test email to my account and put .xom at the end and it came back and said this email could not be found. So perhaps they may of noticed this and would contact me an alternative way?

Does anyone know what I should do in this situation? And if I should contact them, should I do it via phone or email?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ikcdab

I think you need to sit tight and see what happens.
You paid the penalty for the current breach and so that is done and settled.
If they decide to investigate further, which they might do, then it will be fairly obvious the error on the email address. Did you give a postal address too?
You can also be tracked through the app that you used to buy the tickets.
I would sit tight and see what happens.