• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Actual conditions for Advance fare changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woby_Tide

So I am now finding myself to have to change some Advance fares that I purchased on the SWR website and had delivered to their app as e-tickets. When I needed to change I contacted them on Twitter as how best to do this, they said go to the ticket office(?). Even though the National conditions say ticket office can only deal with tickets on proper "ticket paper" (https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46594.aspx)

So turn up and they are unable to change it due to the above, contact SWR again and they say ring the customer services, they repeat the mantra that they can't change them even though they are online. So despite changes being possible for an admin fee, if you've got an e-ticket, you're stuffed it seems. I know this easy for them to resolve but just wondered if there were some specific T&Cs in the Operating COnditions that specify that if I've bought an e-ticket from TOC XYZ then they have to process the change?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

js517

This may be of interest:

National Rail Enquiries - Advance ticket terms and conditions
National Rail Enquiries - Advance ticket terms and conditions said:
Whilst there are no refunds on Advance tickets in most cases you can change your journey prior to travel (up to departure) for a £10 fee plus any difference in the fare payable. However, please note that if you choose (where offered) to print your tickets at home or download them to your mobile device, different rules apply and you may not be able to subsequently change your ticket. The relevant conditions will be made clear when buying your ticket.

RJ

Established Member
Certain ticket offices are more favourable with refunds and waiving admin fees than the websites are. Might be worth enquiring about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.