• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Tickets Norfolk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_transport

On Moderation
So I have just booked an advance ticket to go from London Liverpool Street to Great Yarmouth.

The Journey says I have a 5 minute connection at Norwich and I have to walk from platform 1-5 what happens if I miss the connection because of my walking pace? Delayed Trains? Please let me know

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you are a slow walker, I strongly advise you sit near the front of the train and be at the front doors on arrival.

It won't take 5 minutes to do that walk, but if you are delayed, you are able to take the next available train and claim delay compensation, as appropriate.

Veteran Member
So I have just booked an advance ticket to go from London Liverpool Street to Great Yarmouth.

The Journey says I have a 5 minute connection at Norwich and I have to walk from platform 1-5 what happens if I miss the connection because of my walking pace? Delayed Trains? Please let me know
For future reference, if you know that you will need extra time to change trains, some websites will allow you to specify that.

It's a useful feature, especially where - as in this case - the connection is (mostly) only hourly from a service that runs half hourly.

Class800

Established Member
When I lived in Norwich, it was frequently a bit tight for people taking this connection, but usually it worked. Passengers for the branch line were asked to move to the front of the train on arrival and the guard had radioed through to his colleague. Might not be managed identically on every occasion. Of course, if you miss it, you will be able to take the next connection and claim delay repay. It might be complex for delay repay if some passengers make it and others don't, but you'd hope the company would understand - but taking next train is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.