• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on how to find job adverts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNA20

Hi all I currently live in Worcester in the UK and am looking at a career as a train driver, looked online and found that the best way is to apply to a Trainee Train Driver apprenticeship. I’ve looked on various railway operators career website (GWR, EMR, etc) and I am finding It very difficult to find an opening which I can apply to. I know this forum is a pretty good for finding job adverts, but none of them are situated local to me. Does anyone have any advice? As well as any advice regarding the application process/interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Maxijones87

There is currently an ongoing recruitment process at West Midlands trains but it has closed now. Most jobs come up and close often before the deadline so don’t wait to apply.

Your best bet is to go onto the train operators website and sign up for job alerts and when openings become available you’ll be notified.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Hi all I currently live in Worcester in the UK and am looking at a career as a train driver, looked online and found that the best way is to apply to a Trainee Train Driver apprenticeship. I’ve looked on various railway operators career website (GWR, EMR, etc) and I am finding It very difficult to find an opening which I can apply to. I know this forum is a pretty good for finding job adverts, but none of them are situated local to me. Does anyone have any advice? As well as any advice regarding the application process/interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are a multitude of threads on here regarding the application process, testing procedure and interviews that you will need to undertake if you apply to be an apprentice train driver. Any questions you may have will have been asked before, I'd recommend you having a read through some of the threads in this section of the forum to get an idea of what to expect if you're serious about wanting a job as a driver. Also bear in mind that for every one vacancy, hundreds of people will apply so there's a lot of competition.

Last edited:

Train_manager

Carry on looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.