• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

anyone got any info on this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

was having a look on real train times earlier today, and i would of gone and had a look to see what it was but as i am back in plymouth well you can see my problem.

the one i am intersested in is the Whitby to Heaton T & R S.M.D service (320l), does anyone know what it was? i'm thinking it's a network rail survey train due to where it was going but i could be wrong.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BLNGHMJ/2013/09/05/1558?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Didn't actually run today, and no consist shown.

Suspect you're right about it being an NR train.

greatkingrat

Established Member
I notice that train is shown as "320I" on Real Time Trains. Does anyone know what that code means?

There seems to be a mixture of some freights showing a code of the form 123A, and others just showing FRGT.

Eagle

Established Member
Those are randomized pseudo-headcodes (although the first digit of it will match the first digit of the real headcode, but the other three characters are meaningless).

cheers guy's i thought the headcode was a bit weird, caught a few of the GbrF coal workings whislt i was home my little lad loved them esp when the drivers gave a honk on the horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.