• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone remember the CP / COP stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple simon

Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows...

I've put on to flckr are two photos taken from inside the flared body trains which used to grace the subsurface lines. (link below message)

One is from inside a CP A end DM, and shows ventilation grilles under the
central set of transverse seats. Were these for train heating - or were they the extra ventilation slots used for the Metadyne train control system?

The other photo is from inside an unknown car. Above the middle transverse seat backs are two large glass screens (one per side). Very very few cars had
these glass screens. Note the lack of guards controls at the car end.

Despite there being some 'middle' CP DM's which did not have guards controls I suspect that this was actually taken inside a COP trailer... anyone remember? Alas I do not have a car number.

btw, this was NOT a 1st / 3rd composite; I have photos of
these and they are different.

TIA

Simon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47739225@N08/?saved=1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
You could try contacting the London Transport Museum, they might be able to help you- they've got extensive archives.

simple simon

You could try contacting the London Transport Museum, they might be able to help you- they've got extensive archives.

Thanks.

Its time for a major slap of my forehead followed by a very loud 'duh'.

I have the book The COP Stock Story... but forgot that it even existed!!! In my mind I only remembered the book The R Stock Story.

So, having retrieved my book a photograph on page 23 shows exactly what I wanted to know - and why I took the photograph in the first place.

As I thought, this was a P stock trailer. It was one of the fleet that had been intended to be a 1st / 3rd composite but never ran as such.

I also found the answer to something I photographed but forgot about - the small 'half moon' shaped glass decorative features on the 3rd class trailers.

These trains were withdrawn about 30 years ago, and I am now planning a web page on my website about them. Some photos will be put on Flckr too. As the photographs which you have seen suggest, I did not just photograph their 'outsides'

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.