• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Anytime" and "Off Peak" Tickets - Scotrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

route:oxford

Established Member
Booked myself a return trip between Brum and Edinburgh via Cross Country. £15.50 each way - 48 hours prior to outbound travel.

Looked to buy the forward tickets from Edinburgh to Stirling at the same time... The odd thing is earlier in the week NR enquiries reported an Anytime and Off Peak return ticket was available that covered me for outbound on Friday and return on Sunday. This disappeared on Thursday and two off-peak singles were required. I checked at Oxford station and the helpful Customer Adviser was (first of all surprised that the £15.50 tickets were available) a little perplexed that an "Anytime" or "Off Peak" return ticket wasn't available for the Scottish trip.

Should the ticket be available? If I'd gone ahead and bought the ticket on-line on Tuesday, would Scotrail honour it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
Are you sure that wasn't a day return? (which is available)
The NR website is a bit flaky, for me anyway, and sometimes when you go 'back' onto the journey planner it changes one date but not the other.

If it wasn't, then I have no idea!

mathmo

As far as I can tell, there isn't an Off-Peak Return available for Edinburgh - Stirling, only an Off-Peak Day Return. This is often the case for two places close to each other, to reduce fare evasion. You'll have to buy two singles I think.

glynn80

Established Member
As far as I can tell, there isn't an Off-Peak Return available for Edinburgh - Stirling, only an Off-Peak Day Return.

Correct, the FRPP lists the following for the EDB to STG flow:

FRPP said:
EDINBURGH. - STIRLING.

FSR

FDS- 8.70 (First Anytime Day Single)
FDR- 16.50 (First Anytime Day Return)
SDS- 6.90 (Anytime Day Single)
SDR- 11.80 (Anytime Day Return)
CDR- 7.80 (Off Peak Day Return)
7DS- 47.50 (Seven Day Standard Season)
7DF- 71.30 (Seven Day First Season)

Status