• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apple Pay card doesn't appear on TfL website and so I can't see any journeys

Gigabit

I use Apple Pay to pay for the Tube and on my old card all my journeys show up straight away. I've just got a new card and it has been days now and I still can't see the card nor the journeys on the TfL website.

Can anyone advise?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anecdotal evidence suggests that you need to make at least one contactless journey on TfL with the physical card for the system to link up your Apple Pay history.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Anecdotal evidence suggests that you need to make at least one contactless journey on TfL with the physical card for the system to link up your Apple Pay history.
Here‘s one of a few threads about it, most previous discussion on issues with Apple Pay seem to have been in the fares forum.

Gigabit

Thank you for the above replies.

The card has now appeared on TfL finally but only with the single Contactless payment I made, not any payments made through Apple Pay.

I will try again with Apple Pay tonight and see if I get any further.

Gigabit

Used Apple Pay again yesterday and the system still isn't showing the new card.

I have removed the card from my account now and will wait 24 hours before trying again.

Edvid

Established Member
I have a similar longstanding issue whereby the only PAYG journeys listed on my TfL account are those made with my credit card and not Google Pay (for the same card). I've followed the "deregister card/PAYG with card/reregister card after 24 hours" process a few times and it hasn't changed so I phoned TfL and they logged a case file last week, then said they'd get back in touch later.

The fact that Littlepay can automatically list the physical card and associated virtual card numbers together (for bus journeys with Ticketer-equipped operators) but TfL's back office can't - as far I can see - is quite the curiosity.

Edvid

Established Member
[...] I phoned TfL and they logged a case file last week, then said they'd get back in touch later.
Still not heard from them, and quite possibly won't this far out.

Tried the aforementioned de/reregister process again, except this time I also removed my card from Google Pay the day before travel, then readded it on the day of travel; ergo, the virtual account number changed. Made two journeys - firstly with my card, secondly with Google Pay - and the latter isn't listed.

No change from last time.

Edvid

Established Member
Had an opportunity to generate a Google Pay listing with a Visa Debit from the same card issuer (as opposed to my usual Mastercard) last weekend - and it worked! I waited a few days before registering the card this time; I know weekend transactions (journeys from the previous post were also on a weekend) can take longer to clear but I don't know if that's a factor in how long it takes to generate virtual card listings on the TfL contactless portal.

The physical/virtual card histories are listed separately on the My contactless cards page, though you have to identify them by reference numbers as they're both labelled with the same last 4 digits of the physical card.