• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Applying for another position whilst in 'the pool'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

Is it possible to apply for another advertised vacancy within GTR whilst waiting in the 'talent pool', as a way to get a foot in the door, or will it affect my original application?

I'm more than happy to do a role which isn't my first choice while I wait for my original position, but I don't want to go through the whole application process for another role if it will just confuse things and slow it down further.

Or if I apply for a new role, does that automatically void my original application and therefore an exit from the 'pool'?? I certainly don't want to jeopardise my chances after passing the tests and interview stage.

Any advice on this would be great.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

donpoku

Contact hr, tell them you're keen to join in another capacity and ask them how it will affect your position in the talent pool.

Bellbell

At my TOC you have to do some roles for 2 years before you're allowed to progress internally, so just watch that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.