• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are those two 47s still in a field by the A1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

If so does anyone know which exits they are between? I am driving from Newcastle to Leeds in an hour so will look out for them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
If so does anyone know which exits they are between? I am driving from Newcastle to Leeds in an hour so will look out for them.

There was only ever one 47 there (and a load of Mk 2 coaches). The site no longer exists and the 47 is now at the Wensleydale Railway.

GNERman

Established Member

The site was cleared for the A1 widening. I believe that the coaches went to TJ Thompsons whereas 47540 was transferred to Studley and then moved back north to the Wensleydale Railway where it is currently stored in a siding near the A1 bridge. No restoration has taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.