• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Adam-King

Does anyone know if the 7-10 working days wait for results is accurate or the results can be earlier/later. The waiting for is a tough one lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

moonie95

I think we were in the same session, I did the afternoon that ran late lol
Ah yes, i was there on Friday afternoon.
How many questions did you manage to answer on the DFFT fault finding test? They gave 10 mins to answer 20 questions, so 30 secs per question was tough.

Adam-King

Ah yes, i was there on Friday afternoon.
How many questions did you manage to answer on the DFFT fault finding test? They gave 10 mins to answer 20 questions, so 30 secs per question was tough.
Yeah I was the Friday too, where was you seated? I was in the back corner away from the door.
I got to question 11 but only answered half the question before she said stop. It was tough, I’m not very confident at any of it tbh. I also made a mistake and had to rub it out.
How did you do on the other parts? The SJT is a weakness of mine, I always over think them

moonie95

Yeah I was the Friday too, where was you seated? I was in the back corner away from the door.
I got to question 11 but only answered half the question before she said stop. It was tough, I’m not very confident at any of it tbh. I also made a mistake and had to rub it out.
How did you do on the other parts? The SJT is a weakness of mine, I always over think them
Bourdon was fine, practiced that the most.
The SJT was tough got me thinking quite a bit, luckily I had some time left over to change my answers.
The TEA-OCC was fine, I thought the tone of sounds was going to be faster as I was practicing with tones much faster than the real test.
Fault finding was the hardest, had a question with 3 errors had to prioritise the top 2 and then I got mixed up with train number on the answer sheet and started looking at the wrong train :(

Last edited:

Adam-King

Bourdon was fine, practiced that the most.
The SJT was tough got me thinking quite a bit, luckily I had some time left over to change my answers.
The TEA-OCC was fine, I thought the tone of sounds was going to be faster as I was practicing with tones much faster than the real test.
Fault finding was the hardest, had a question with 3 errors had to prioritise the top 2 and then I got mixed up with train number on the answer sheet and started looking at the wrong train :(
Yeah I practiced the Bourdon Test a lot, I counted I got 12 lines per page.
The Tea Occ I got the tones, they were definitely slower than the practice program, but I missed one pair of shapes on the 2nd page.
The DFFT I’m not sure, I think I did ok after the initial mishap, I started covering the page with the spare A4 paper

moonie95

Yeah I practiced the Bourdon Test a lot, I counted I got 12 lines per page.
The Tea Occ I got the tones, they were definitely slower than the practice program, but I missed one pair of shapes on the 2nd page.
The DFFT I’m not sure, I think I did ok after the initial mishap, I started covering the page with the spare A4 paper
Hopefully good news soon, keep us posted if you hear anything

Adam-King

the SJT, I finished and checked through again, I changed some answers, but I can’t be sure they are right either, I just don’t like them.

I think the others are right as long as you’re accurate, it doesn’t matter you got to 7 on the DFFT. I read before they are looking more for accuracy there, and as long as you prioritised the the leading train and then in order of 1.Solar power 2.Battery 3.Engine 4.Brakes 5.Lighting 6.windows fault in 2nd train was lighting first then windows.

I think we will just have to wait and see, I just don’t like not knowing the outcome

Hopefully good news soon, keep us posted if you hear anything
Fingers crossed. You too, good luck

Samzino

Although slightly unrelated, It may be of use to someone. I noticed that the Home based VSE if failed will actually stop you progressing with TOCs Using the VSE till the 6 months has elapsed for it. A buddy of mine just found that out for another London TOC after failing the VSE on this Arriva campaign(The Online Home Version). It also affects your two Lives with TOCs using the VSE even if its not sat at the Assessment Center stage. I confirmed this with OPC themselves as I was always under the misconception it wouldn't. The lovely individual did confirm however that, your two lives are untouched if its with Non VSE TOCs. The VSE also lasts 6 months pass or fail but I didn't clarify if it was for the Home based version or the Center based one, I assume its for the Home based.

moonie95

the SJT, I finished and checked through again, I changed some answers, but I can’t be sure they are right either, I just don’t like them.

I think the others are right as long as you’re accurate, it doesn’t matter you got to 7 on the DFFT. I read before they are looking more for accuracy there, and as long as you prioritised the the leading train and then in order of 1.Solar power 2.Battery 3.Engine 4.Brakes 5.Lighting 6.windows fault in 2nd train was lighting first then windows.

I think we will just have to wait and see, I just don’t like not knowing the outcome

Fingers crossed. You too, good luck
Hey, just heard back today via Email @16:00, I’ve passed the Stage 1 assessment and moving on to Stage 2 OPC assessment centre in Watford, they are awaiting confirmation of dates in next few months.
I was worried I did not answer as many questions in fault finding, so happy! But it’s not finished yet, 2nd stage is just as hard!

I’ve checked my portal on the DB Website and the status has changed to “Assessment”.
My one is also showing that, what stage did you attend?

BearableBull

I attended first stage last week and just received an email stating that I have passed. To confirm dates soon with second stage. How do I know whether I have passed to enhanced or not?
I attended stage one last week and just received the same email :)! Passed everything to enhanced.

moonie95

I attended stage one last week and just received the same email :)! Passed everything to enhanced.
Congrats!

I attended first stage last week and just received an email stating that I have passed. To confirm dates soon with second stage. How do I know whether I have passed to enhanced or not?
If you passed with Overground Arriva Rail, the tests are enhanced so if it says awaiting dates for day 2 you have passed stage 1 with enhanced.

BearableBull

Amazing, thank you. Pretty stoked with that! Congrats to everyone that has passed to the second stage.

I'm guessing we'll be tested on:

Hand coordination
VSE
MMI

Thoughts?

moonie95

Amazing, thank you. Pretty stoked with that! Congrats to everyone that has passed to the second stage.

Hand coordination
VSE
MMI

Thoughts?
Yeah it’s all the computerised tests, and MMI.
Also I believe there is also 1 more paper test we have to do which is TRP Part 1 & TRP Part 2

Adam-King

Hey, just heard back today via Email @16:00, I’ve passed the Stage 1 assessment and moving on to Stage 2 OPC assessment centre in Watford, they are awaiting confirmation of dates in next few months.
I was worried I did not answer as many questions in fault finding, so happy! But it’s not finished yet, 2nd stage is just as hard!

My one is also showing that, what stage did you attend?
Hey congratulations
I’ve got the same email, I was worried I made mistakes, like I said especially with the SJT, I’m glad I went over that twice.

Looking forward to assessment day 2 now :)

Congratulations everyone who has passed day 1 assessment

Adam-King

Anyone from the Friday morning session got their results yet? Did you guys ^ all receive an email at 4pm then?
Got mine at 4:17pm from the PM session

Hand coordination
VSE
MMI

Thoughts?
I found this on their website, so I’m assuming it is all of these test.

Hopefully the training material will help once they give us our dates

Attachments

• IMG_4619.png
    IMG_4619.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

BearableBull

Got mine at 4:17pm from the PM session

I found this on their website, so I’m assuming it is all of these test.

Hopefully the training material will help once they give us our dates
Good find Adam. I hope we get a response soon as I will be travelling during February and March I recall the training commence in April.. wonder whether that is still the case.

Adam-King

Good find Adam. I hope we get a response soon as I will be travelling during February and March I recall the training commence in April.. wonder whether that is still the case.
You might be alright, the email says second half of the year if successful, I think originally it was meant to be April, so hopefully all will be well.

BearableBull

Morning guys! Updates at long last!

You might be alright, the email says second half of the year if successful, I think originally it was meant to be April, so hopefully all will be well.
Any news for you Adam?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240212_114033_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212_114033_Outlook.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Adam-King

Morning guys! Updates at long last!

Any news for you Adam?
Hey mate, I got the email too, quite a few dates on there, so really good selection

Are the dates ok around your travelling? Hopefully they are

BearableBull

Hey mate, I got the email too, quite a few dates on there, so really good selection

Are the dates ok around your travelling? Hopefully they are
I'm available on the 27th and 28th only. Hopefully, this works out. I would have preferred the earliest opportunity since I was informed that the position might be closed once it's filled..

Received same email too.. but dates are scheduled all during Ramadan period..
I'm sure you will do your best! Mind over matter

Adam-King

I'm available on the 27th and 28th only. Hopefully, this works out. I would have preferred the earliest opportunity since I was informed that the position might be closed once it's filled..

Oh really? I picked later to study more, where did you hear they might close It once filled?

Neonburger

Anyone aware if the computer test suite (square, pictures and joysticks) is also enhanced pass mark for Arriva? Been sent a 2nd stage invite but I’ve got a pass in this and don’t want to sit it again and potentially mess up my talent pool place at another TOC.

moonie95

Anyone aware if the computer test suite (square, pictures and joysticks) is also enhanced pass mark for Arriva? Been sent a 2nd stage invite but I’ve got a pass in this and don’t want to sit it again and potentially mess up my talent pool place at another TOC.
What was the other TOC if you don’t mind me asking?
Arriva Rail Overground is enhanced standard

Thanks, I put 28th as preferred and 27th and second choice.
I also got an email from Chiltern today and they also under Arriva, anyone know if they Chiltern do the same tests as arriva or less? Because the document Chiltern sent me doesn’t include some of London Overground tests..

Last edited: