• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Southend

Status
Not open for further replies.

upasalmon

On Moderation
The current London Omnibus TS news has details of Arriva triangular bus swap. E400s to move from Gillingham to Yorkshire, displacing 20 newer E400s for Leicester,displacing mid life Volvo B9s for Gillingham. This begs the ?,:what if Gillingham or Southend want to set up an LEZ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
The current London Omnibus TS news has details of Arriva triangular bus swap. E400s to move from Gillingham to Yorkshire, displacing 20 newer E400s for Leicester,displacing mid life Volvo B9s for Gillingham. This begs the ?,:what if Gillingham or Southend want to set up an LEZ?
I'm sure that's not correct.

buslad1988

LEZ’s aren’t just introduced with a few weeks/months notice. It’s usually years.

Yes it’s not ideal what’s taking place but had it not been for covid-19 no doubt Arriva would have ordered new vehicles. Alas First have also found themselves in a similar circumstance in Leicester.

Leicester council are clearly keen to push on with their plans despite most local authorities postponing such schemes in the short term due to the current economic climate.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I'm sure that's not correct.
It is correct, it's in the process of happening. Except that its B9/Olympus moving south to Leicester.

Then they will probably get some more new buses!

Slightly incorrect, there are 15 Volvo B9/Olympus (Yorkshire 1800-15) heading to Leicester to become 4100-15 there. The first 4 are already in service.

Last edited:

Robertj21a

On Moderation
It is correct, it's in the process of happening. Except that its B9/Olympus moving south to Leicester.

Slightly incorrect, there are 15 Volvo B9/Olympus (Yorkshire 1800-15) heading to Leicester to become 4100-15 there. The first 4 are already in service.
Not 20 then.

duncombec

No, the other 5 are made up with 5 x E400MMC from Gillingham (ie not part of the 3 way swap). The first two of those arrived in Leicester early last week.
Also not correct, as there are only 4 E400MMC at Gillingham (6517-20).

cnjb8

Established Member
LEZ’s aren’t just introduced with a few weeks/months notice. It’s usually years.

Yes it’s not ideal what’s taking place but had it not been for covid-19 no doubt Arriva would have ordered new vehicles. Alas First have also found themselves in a similar circumstance in Leicester.

Leicester council are clearly keen to push on with their plans despite most local authorities postponing such schemes in the short term due to the current economic climate.

With DB wanting to sell Arriva, not a lot of new vehicles would arrive anyway.

JL1

I have heard the 58 reg Enviro 400's from Maidstone will be going to Yorkshire displacing buses to Leicester.

duncombec

Is any of this actual news or just Internet wibble?
It is now actual news. Vehicles are moving - or at least were before the announcement of Tier 4 restrictions in Kent.

How much of the news is actual news, and how much is still changeable/yet to be finalized, remains to be seen!

upasalmon

On Moderation
This topic is about Arriva Southend but my info came from the London Omnibus Traction Society .
As Southend is playing no part in these changes I will say no more.

Andyh82

Established Member
Is any of this actual news or just Internet wibble?
Yes it’s actually happening as we speak this week

Some Maidstone E400s are now in service in Yorkshire and some Yorkshire Olympuses are now in service in Leicester.

I don’t know how the deliveries are taking place but with them coming up north from Kent I hope they are Covid secure!

JL1

This from LOTS yesterday:

"The big swap within Arriva turned out to be more complicated. In one exercise, 5 x E400s from Kent went to Leicester and 5 x Volvo B9TL/ Geminis came the other way. In the second exercise another 16 x E400s went from Kent to Yorkshire (Dewsbury), 16 x B9TL/East Lancs from Yorkshire to Leicester and 16 x B7TL/Geminis from Leicester to Kent. There is an additional handful of single-deck swaps (to be determined)."

I know a couple of Solo's have gone to Tunbridge Wells but does has anyone heard anything about any other single decker swaps? The only thing i have heard is the Pulsars mite be leaving Southend for Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.