• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Barcelona-Latour Du Carol Enveit-Perpignan Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Just recevied the September edition of the European Rail Timetable and see that thr Petit Train Jaune is bus replacement from the end of the month when I need to use it.

Is it worth scenically and haulage wise to go Barcelona-Latour-Toulouse-Carcassonne-Perpignan?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Possibly, if you are heading for Perpignan anyway, but it's a long way round.

La tour northwards towards Foix is pretty good, thence to Toulouse is relatively flat.
Toulouse to Narbonne is pleasant enough, South to Perpignan alongside the lagoons is good.

Haulage wise I think only the Paris couchettes from La Tour is hauled, the rest EMU.
Toulouse Narbonne has some Intercites, the last bit most likely a new EMU though I've seen recent pix of a hauled TER.
Others on here are better informed on rolling stock.

Gordon

Agree with the comments about long way round, scenic - ness. Toulouse - Narbonne fast hauled trains which go to Marseille are reservation obligatory (ex-Teoz). There are some hauled TER still I think, plus loco hauled intercites trains to Perpignan (Paris - Cerbere trains) via Toulouse which are I think also reservation obligatory. However, there is one such that leaves Toulouse at 16.36 towards Perpigna, which would suit your round trip

burns20

So the plan is;

R3 Barcelona Sants 0933
Latour Carol Enveit 1230

TER71476 Latour Carol Enveit 1321
Toulouse Matabiau 1619

IC3631. Toulouse Matabiau 1626. €21.50
Perpignan 1849

Only concern is the 7 minute connection at Toulouse

Gordon

Official SNCF sites suggest 1619 - 1626 is NOT an official connection at Toulouse. There are later trains from Toulouse towards Narbonne and Perpignan so there is no huge reason for it to be an official connection.

I would not risk such a short connection in France (or anywhere else come to that) these days.

Having said the above 3631 is coming all the way from Paris so has a good chance of being late itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.