• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Behold the Borismaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
Boris has told the GLA that the intellectual rights are vested in TfL, so the hope I suspect is that other bus operators etc. will pay for the rights to the design. This all reminds me of the Routemaster...RMF1254 being sent around the country, but yielding just two non-LT buyers. Even then Northern (General) were very non-LT standard with worm-drive rear axles, and Leyland engines, reputedly in commonality with PD3s that they had at the time. I asked someone in the know many years ago why they ordered them, as they were expensive, and the reply was that the company wanted buses that would last.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ivanhoe

Boris has told the GLA that the intellectual rights are vested in TfL, so the hope I suspect is that other bus operators etc. will pay for the rights to the design. This all reminds me of the Routemaster...RMF1254 being sent around the country, but yielding just two non-LT buyers.

Ah yes, the ' Iconic' routemaster. Rarely seen north of the Home Counties. It was no Lodekka, a truelly iconic bus. Good post .

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Boris should get some buses like these:

3420.jpg

two or three doors & two sets of staircases

tripleseis

When I went to Berlin in 2002, they had three door two staircase double deckers then. Rode one of them along the Ku'damm.

Status
Not open for further replies.