• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bikes on Crosscountry 170s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley84

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is able to comment on what the bike storage is like on Crosscountry 170s? I can see according to the Crosscountry website that there are two reservable spaces next to the accessible toilets - but does anyone know if these allow the bike to stay horizontal or need to be tipped upright? I need to travel with a cargo bike, which is not significantly larger than a standard bike in dimensions but is very heavy and not very practical to tip vertically (would be hopeless in the Voyager-style bike spaces, for example.)

Thank you,

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBigD

Established Member
Horizontal. You share the space with any wheelchairs.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Please make sure you get a reservation made as you can be turned away without one.

As has been said, you'll keep the bike horizontal and have to share space with any wheelchair users. Not often an issue though.

Not the best photo, but one from 2020 of my old mountain bike on a 170

Attachments

• 20200729_142556.jpg
    20200729_142556.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.