• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BR "prisoner in your house" TV ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AY1975

Established Member
There are a number of old BR TV adverts in various places on the internet (and a number of now-closed threads on them on these forums) but one that I remember from the early 1980s "This is the age of the train" advertising campaign that I haven't been able to find is the one that said "Do you feel like a prisoner in your house?" and it showed a house with a metal bar and a padlock across the front door and someone stuck in an armchair and chained to the draining board in their kitchen. It then said get out and take the train. Does anyone remember that advert?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
There are a number of old BR TV adverts in various places on the internet (and a number of now-closed threads on them on these forums) but one that I remember from the early 1980s "This is the age of the train" advertising campaign that I haven't been able to find is the one that said "Do you feel like a prisoner in your house?" and it showed a house with a metal bar and a padlock across the front door and someone stuck in an armchair and chained to the draining board in their kitchen. It then said get out and take the train. Does anyone remember that advert?

Don't remember it but you've got me curious enough to look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.