• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus day out - remaining on bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want to go for a birl on a bus? Fair enough get one if you have a reason to like going somewhere for a day out or to the shops but why would anyone want to get a bus somewhere and just sit on it for it to take them back to the place they got on? Nowt stranger than folk!
I think you'll find OP explains why in their opening post. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ian1944

Why would you want to go for a birl on a bus? Fair enough get one if you have a reason to like going somewhere for a day out or to the shops but why would anyone want to get a bus somewhere and just sit on it for it to take them back to the place they got on? Nowt stranger than folk!
The OP is temporarily disabled with a new hip and wished to minimise the discomfort of more movement than is necessary. (Posted before #31 appeared)

Dens Lad

am I missing the point? Seems like a complete waste of time if you’re not actually doing it for a reason eg to take you somewhere with a purpose rather than just for a birl on a bus with no actual purpose!

Temple Meads

Established Member
am I missing the point? Seems like a complete waste of time if you’re not actually doing it for a reason eg to take you somewhere with a purpose rather than just for a birl on a bus with no actual purpose!

The OP also suggested that they may want to sample the demonstrator vehicle that Harrogate have. Personally, I would say that this seems a good way to get out of the house after surgery, especially for someone posting in the bus section of a transport forum, as they may enjoy riding on a vehicle that's different to the norm. Just because it would be a waste of time to you, and indeed many other people, it doesn't mean this applies to everyone.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
As the OP's question has been answered, there's no need for any further discussion and we'll draw this one to a close. Thanks for your contributions, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.