• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Busiest SWT departures from Waterloo to Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
Hi

I'm just wondering what the busiest departures out of Waterloo heading to bournemouth out of the 1635, 1705 and 1735 departures?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
I would assume the 1735, except on Fridays, when they will all be busy.

I've done the 1635 a few times, it's been very busy but not too bad. The advantage with the 1705 and 1735 is they are fast to Winchester and fast from Southampton to Bournemouth.

MCR247

Established Member
Ok, well luckily I'm not travelling on a Friday! Thanks for thehelp :D I think I'll get the 1635

EDIT: On second thoughts the 1705 and 1735 dont have the seat reservation signs, thats made up my mind!

SWT Driver

I would assume the 1735, except on Fridays, when they will all be busy.

I've done the 1635 a few times, it's been very busy but not too bad. The advantage with the 1705 and 1735 is they are fast to Winchester and fast from Southampton to Bournemouth.

A cautionary note for the above services (1705, 1735 & 1835 ex Waterloo.)

These are the primary business services and are (normally) formed of 10 coaches, these services DIVIDE at Southampton Central.

Front 5 coaches of these trains run NON STOP from Southampton Central to Bournemouth.

Rear 5 coaches of these trains call at All stations to Poole, except Beaulieu Road.

Please ensure that you travel in the correct part of the train.

thefab444

Established Member
Except for Millbrook and Redbridge as well.

A cautionary note for the 1805 ex Waterloo

This train is VERY SLOW. Despite being fast to Winchester, it calls at all stations from Brockenhurst to Weymouth (as well as Totton), as it does not divide at Southampton (although it is formed of 10 coaches). It only arrives in Weymouth some ten minutes ahead of the front portion of the 1835.

The 1635 is, thankfully, pick up only at Woking which eases the load somewhat, although you do usually get a few getting on there. I'd take the 1705 purely for lack of stops, although plenty of slack mean these trains sometimes arrive at Winchester up to 5 minutes early.

Status
Not open for further replies.