• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buy 2together tickets online before buying railcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwelsby

Travelling Portsmouth & Southsea - Vic - Eus - LIv on Saturday.
Prefer OP tickets for the Eus-Liv leg of the journey in view of uncertain timing.

Can I buy 2together tickets on here tomorrow – and then buy the railcard at PMS on Saturday morning?
[Option to have railcard on phone is a no-go as does not work with French mobile.]

Or do I just have to cross fingers and buy card and tickets at PMS.

TIA

Ken

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, you can :)

I'm a bit confused though; are you saying you want time-restricted tickets for Portsmouth to London but then are doing something with an uncertain finish time so want flexible tickets from London?

Or do you want the whole thing to be off peak?

If the latter, the forum's site will do it all as one booking, and find the optimal splits; it will let you specify additional time at London if you want spare time there, and the Flexible tab will ensure you don't get offered Advances.

kwelsby

Thanks, Yorkie

I was focused on Eus-Liv purely on cost grounds.

Now I know it's do-able I can book the whole thing on here later today.

We are actually moving house from France to Liverpool, so Friday will be spent packing etc before the overnight ferry from here to Portsmouth. So I was assuming whatever the cheapest walkup ticket would be from PMS.Luggage and mobility issues [we are OAPs] mean taxi transfer and we will be ready for what will probably be our first hot meal in three days by the time we get to Euston! [Fuller's pub sounds promising!] Hence the need for Flexible.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.