• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Canada Water works

fusionblue

I received this email:

"In connection with planned work on the London Overground platforms, we expect Canada Water station to temporarily close at the following times:

Tuesday 26, Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 December, at approximately 10:40 - 11:10 and 15:40 - 16:10
Friday 29 December, at approximately 06:40 - 07:10, 12:40 - 13:10 and 19:40 - 20:10

This will result in the Jubilee line not stopping at Canada Water during these times."

What are they doing that will close the station for 30 minutes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lonogrol

It is a diesel train operating through the station in connection with the possession on the East London Line.

Daniel

Established Member
I believe it was an RRV.

My assumption would be that they have experienced this type of train setting off the fire alarm, therefore managed station closures are better than evacuations with LFB attendance considering recent ‘panic’ incidents such as Clapham