• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Career Opportunity within Network Rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charladenz

Hey folks,

I was just looking for some information on the opportunities within Network Rail. I've seen position local to me become available at Network Rail - Section Administration (Track)... Do they encourage progression where possible and are there often internal opportunities to move roles?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Non business critical functions recruitment is frozen at the moment unfortunately.

Charladenz

Thanks @Tom Quinne
They've just released the post yesterday for recruitment? Would this likely be interviewed for in the New Year or whenever safe to do so?

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Like @Tom Quinne said, Network Rail has frozen recruitment at the minute and the only job roles being offered are ones where they are a direct replacement for someone leaving and even then, there would have to be a large need for someone to cover this role.

If the role is being advertised I suspect it must fall into this scenario, meaning its probably safe to apply. If this is a Maintenance role as well, its the safest one to apply for along with signallers as they are considered the most critical jobs in Network Rail, if I have understood correctly.

Worldwide

There is lots of progression within NR the worlds your oyster. There’s a lot more jobs advertised internally than what there is externally. However there is a requirement freeze / pause at the moment dependent on which area of the business your applying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.