• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 377 First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

I'm aware that the first class area on these units was initially something of an afterthought, hence it being basically exactly the same as first class. I'm confused though why units are still being delivered with the same internal layout - on Thameslink I think in first this actually represents a step down from 1st class in a 319 (which is 2+1). If i were a 1st class season ticket holder I would be annoyed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
The units are to Southern Spec as they were diverted from Southern's order (and are going to Southern in couple of years time when the Thameslink stock starts to arrive)

thelem

The seats aren't exactly the same - the arm rests are slightly different so I assume there are other differences too (more padding?). There is a bit more leg room, and it on the newer 377s a door between standard and first.

Still not enough for many people to actually pay the extra though.

class377man

The seats aren't exactly the same - the arm rests are slightly different so I assume there are other differences too (more padding?).

I would say the standard seats in /1s and /3s are equal to, if not better than the first seats in /2s, /4s and /5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.