• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 387 weekend's GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reliablebeam

Sorry if this is the wrong thread! I forgot to post last weekend.

I thought I would let drivers and staff know the sunday 387 'fast' diagrams between Paddington and Didcot are great fun. I hope the drivers are enjoying themselves. I use the 'semi-fasts' a lot but this is the first time I've had some storming runs down the main line in the 387's - am I right that the 110 mph capability can be used between Didcot and Reading? My experience is the 387's usually get 'hobbled' between some Heathrow express or late running long distance. The bash is really good on the main line. Nice to see the very capable Electrostars being used properly on the mainline.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 33

Established Member
What times are these Sunday 387 "fast" services between Paddington and Didcot? Do you mean fast as in non-stop? Because I've looked them up and can't find any such services.

Reliablebeam

They are the 'Oxford' services which are curtailed at Didcot Parkway at weekends, stopping at Reading and Slough.

Class 33

Established Member
Oh right I see. Yes I found those services. It's just I thought you meant Class 387 services that ran non-stop between Paddington and Didcot. 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.