• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 450 hauling 455?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylumxl

Established Member
I could swear at Raynes Park I just saw this combo on an ECS move heading southbound.

Now i'm sure everyone's gonna say no and I'm just crazy, but I swear I saw it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
Highly unlikely, there is no coupling adapter for it (although the emergency one on the dessie might possibly work), there is no brake continuity (so 2 drivers and 5mph max), it would be quicker to scramble another dessie to recover it (or 455 depending which one broke).
One possibility is a dessie on the DMFL holding station with a 455 on the DMSL.
Now watch some bugger post a picture :lol:

asylumxl

Established Member
Well the thing that confuses me regarding it is that when I looked there was no 455 on the DMSL and surely the perspective would have caused a difference in size between the two.

Z12XE

Now i'm sure everyone's gonna say no and I'm just crazy, but I swear I saw it.

What colour were the 2 units - both types wear a different livery so should be easy to work out what they were

Pumbaa

Established Member
What colour were the 2 units - both types wear a different livery so should be easy to work out what they were

I think asylumxl is well versed enough already. Here's an idea...

Perhaps SWT have started the repaint of 450/5s to red, and after the associated 458s to blue...? :|

asylumxl

Established Member
It was a 450 in blue then a unit in red which most certainly looked like a 455 to me.

I was on the platform, not a passing train btw.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I don't think so; for a start the 458s are all still in white and are remaining that way.

After the full overhauls have been completed and various modifications, I'm sure I read somewhere that repaints were scheduled for the end of this year into 2011.

thefab444

Established Member
I'm not entirely sure but it was reported on here (or possibly another forum) that the first 458 had been repainted already, and it was still in white, despite the claims made by SWT Management a few months ago.

I imagine the 450/5s will stay in blue at least until the paint warranty expires (whenever that may be).

ChampsRacing

A few 450/5s have just had their roof repainted into blue after they was going white so i can see them staying blue for atleast another two years.

Helvellyn

Established Member
I doubt any full repaint of the 458s (or HC 450/5s) will take place until a decision has been made on what stock will be used on the 10-car Windsor Line services. If it's Junipers, then the 458s (and 460s) are in line for a major rebuild and would emerge afterwards as 5-car units in SWT suburban red, complete with new cabs.

I think the 458s are having the paintwork touched up. The paint isn't that bad, so with a thorough clean and a reapplication of the orange stripe (in the lower blue band) plus other vinyls being replaced as necessary the units will look quite acceptable.

ChampsRacing

I was speaking to someone yesterday and the 456s should be going down the windsor line to make 10cars down there so looks like 455s are making a perment appearnce down there again. This came from someone from chart leacon by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.