• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 456 Withdrawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigManWolfus

Hello.
Does anyone know when SWR will retire their 456s? I've been told either Sunday or Monday, but nobody can confirm a set day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
You might find the information you're looking for here:

I'm not as awkward as to just dump a link without helping you though - and can tell you that SWR won't be operating them as of Monday. There is some uncertainty as to whether or not they will run tomorrow, as engineering work means fewer stock is required. There are two pairs out today, one of which ends at Wimbledon Depot and one of which ends at Clapham sidings. As neither end and overnight at a station, it's unlikely they'll carry on tomorrow.

More information is plentiful in that thread :)

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Hello.
Does anyone know when SWR will retire their 456s? I've been told either Sunday or Monday, but nobody can confirm a set day.
One set of workings finishes Wimbledon Park tonight and the other at Clapham Yard. Tomorrow there is engineering work from Waterloo to Raynes Park. That is probably the source of the uncertainty.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hello.
No allocations from Monday, there’s a load of info in the current thread on SWR here:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like the answer has been given. Thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.