• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 465 and 319

PaulJ

I see in the cab of Networker Class 465s that there is a key switch to enable coupling with Class 319 units. Did this ever happen in practice and under what circumstances?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I see in the cab of Networker Class 465s that there is a key switch to enable coupling with Class 319 units. Did this ever happen in practice and under what circumstances?
Certainly happened whilst they were being tested. Not in service though.

I have found this picture online from the very early days.

There is an interesting comment under that picture about a test being done more recently, albeit probably over ten years ago now, to see if it still worked for recovery purposes.

PaulJ

Certainly happened whilst they were being tested. Not in service though.

I have found this picture online from the very early days.

There is an interesting comment under that picture about a test being done more recently, albeit probably over ten years ago now, to see if it still worked for recovery purposes.
Thanks very much - I’d been searching for a picture without success!

westcoaster

Established Member
I'm fairly sure there is a picture and thread on here,
Iirc crofton park around 2009 a networker rescuing a 319.

The switch in the networker cab was actually a cut out of the braking system (guess the networker regenerative braking system) it allows braking compatibility between the 2 units.

I'm fairly sure there is a picture and thread on here,
Iirc crofton park around 2009 a networker rescuing a 319.

The switch in the networker cab was actually a cut out of the braking system (guess the networker regenerative braking system) it allows braking compatibility between the 2 units.

Was a 319 rescuing a 465

Last edited: