• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commute from Ashford International to Knightsbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinkuchodha

Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Ashford, Kent in a few months and my work is at Knightsbridge. Can anyone suggest the best route for me. I understand from St Pancras I need to walk to Kings Cross and take a tube to Knightsbridge. Does anyone know how long would the entire journey take? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
King's Cross St Pancras to Knightsbridge is 12 minutes by Piccadilly Line tube trains. This excludes any time taken to get to/from the platforms or wait for trains.

You do need to allow time to walk from the platform at St Pancras to the deep tube platform at King's Cross St Pancras, though this is all within the same station complex, but I'd guestimate 10 minutes from train-to-train should generally be possible, but you are advised to allow longer.

The NRE journey planner lets you plan this journey http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk the overall journey time is estimated at just over an hour, but you should build in contingency time for delays.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
guestimate
Fab. Just fab!

It should take just under 40 minutes for the first part and as Yorkie says, just over 10 minutes for the piccadilly line plus 10 minutes to transfer from train-tube.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Should be a good commute - hint - walk to the north end of the platform at Kings Cross for a much better chance of space / seat on the Piccadilly line.

Kristofferson

One thing to be aware of is that you're pretty much hosed on the way home.

The airport traffic added to peak loading really highlights the lack of capacity on the Piccadilly these days. I sometimes stood on the platform at Hyde Park Corner for 20mins waiting for a boardable train - would have been longer but I used to give up and get an Uber instead.

Last edited:

rinkuchodha

Hi Kristofferson,

Do you also commute to and fro Ashford, Kent? Commute back home sounds taxing and tiresome :(

Kristofferson

I did Hyde Park - Euston for a few months. I didn't go out to ashford as I live on the WCML, but I imagine Ashford takes a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.