• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commuting Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Do LUL staff get free travel on the tube itself?

Yes, standard for a new entrant, directly employed by TfL is free travel on the tube, DLR, Croydon trams, TfL buses, London Overground and a handful of other sections of train line, most paralleling LU track (and Thameslink Kentish Town - London Bridge or Elephant and Castle). There is no discount on Boris bikes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

On Moderation
Maybe your staff didn't have a strong back bone to fight for a pay increase for having to work bank holidays?
Why should bank holidays be treated any different?
You don't see supermarket workers on strike for having to work a bank holiday. In fact I would suggest those who actually have the day off are in the minority.

It is what irks me about Sundays too.
Why should workers demand higher pay for a Sunday? What does Sunday mean to them? Why are supermarkets open for less hours on a Sunday? The day itself means nothing to anyone unless you are part of a particular religion, which considers it to be the "day of rest".
Is it because by and large, we are still struck with traditional views, ways and laws? However I bet there would be outrage if companies no longer gave "enhanced rates" to those working on a Sunday.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
You don't see supermarket workers on strike for having to work a bank holiday. In fact I would suggest those who actually have the day off are in the minority.

It is what irks me about Sundays too.
Why should workers demand higher pay for a Sunday? .

Why stop there... why not pay staff less for working the other days as well and if they don't like it sack them all and get other people in who will work for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.