• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 434 :: Voting

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 5 13.2%

Votes: 4 10.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 21.1%

• 15 - Disqualified

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicdanny

I didn't think that mine was that bad this time :( oh well I guess but then again it was probably the worst of of the lot :lol: No 12 was a brilliant picture though so congratulations for winning it :) (although I went for 4)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Good crop of entries this week, difficult to see who would win out, to answer Royal Male's detailed post about what was done to the image, use of dodge/burn and the selectively brightened side of the train are the kinds of things not permitted as a very select few have access to these tools and/or the knowledge to use them. As for the selective sharpening you did, that must have been a high setting to make so much noise.

Whilst the shot stood out well, it was still the fact that the platform on the right seems so bright and sunny, yet the unit on the left is almost pitch black, which put me off.

Having recently been to the Severn Valley in dull conditions and finding monochrome/duotone images far more appealing than the original colour images, I'd love to see the colour out of camera version that your entry resulted from. It made a very dramatic and powerful image in the end, I just felt it fell outside the boundaries we enter within, as I too can use a lot of those tools successfully, just not for competition time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.