• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coronavirus: Chorley Bus Station forced to Close - 16/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saperstein

Chorley bus station is forced to close amid coronavirus fears
Chorley bus station has been forced to close as concern mounts over coronavirus in Lancashire.

By Matthew Calderbank
Monday, 16th March 2020, 11:05 am
QVNIMTE0MTQ5Njk5.jpg

Chorley Interchange has been forced to close after the bus station's supervisor reported feeling unwell at the weekend
The Interchange in Clifford Street shut at 10am yesterday (Sunday, March 15) and remains closed this morning.

No explanation has been provided for the closure of the station, which is owned by Lancashire County Council and operated by Stagecoach.

Yesterday, Stagecoach tweeted: "Due to no council bus station supervisor, the bus station at Chorley is closed.

"All our buses are running as normal and dropping off at Chorley, but passengers when entering/alighting the bus must use the side gates."

Stagecoach said it is not aware of any deep clean taking place at the station, but declined to comment further on the closure.

Services are still calling at the station, but passengers must use the side gates to avoid entering the building.

Lancashire County Council has been approached for comment.

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/transport/chorley-bus-station-forced-close-amid-coronavirus-fears-2451737

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
Hmmm, seems that the UK government is finally doing something to prevent the spread of Coronavirus...

Established Member
About the bus station.
@carlberry Yes, because in bus stations, especially indoor ones, there is a higher chance of catching the virus. The cases have gone ridiculously high that it was about time a bus station was closed for now.
The bus station was closed because of suspected contamination! I'm glad you find someone being ill pleasant and positive but I doubt the poor sod that worked there and is now ill or there family are enjoying it!

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
The bus station was closed because of suspected contamination! I'm glad you find someone being ill pleasant and positive but I doubt the poor sod that worked there and is now ill or there family are enjoying it!

Have I said I am happy that somebody is ill? No, actually, hopefully the infected guy will be recovered soon!

I said I am happy that the bus station is closed because being environments of where you have a high risk of catching of virus, it was best to close these bus station in order to avoid the spread of the virus.

AB93

Have I said I am happy that somebody is ill? No, actually, hopefully the infected guy will be recovered soon!

I said I am happy that the bus station is closed because being environments of where you have a high risk of catching of virus, it was best to close these bus station in order to avoid the spread of the virus.
And make people huddle close together in bus shelters at alternative stops away from the bus station? That's not going to help...

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
Hardly anyone is going to be out over the next few weeks anyway, so I don't think that should be an issue.

AB93

Hardly anyone is going to be out over the next few weeks anyway, so I don't think that should be an issue.
Well why say that it's 'good a bus station has been closed' then?!

(Excepting the specific circumstances in this case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.