• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cutsyke & Prince Of Wales Signal Boxes

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Are the above due to close next weekend?
Not that I am aware of - I think the current plan is that the changeover will take place over Christmas,
so I presume next weekend's closure is just for preparatory work, but I may be wrong!

MARK

Christmas is indeed the current plan.

This weekends closure is to do with a fault at POW requiring lifting the crossing surface to access cabling, among other general prepwork.

skyhigh

Established Member
Christmas is indeed the current plan.

This weekends closure is to do with a fault at POW requiring lifting the crossing surface to access cabling, among other general prepwork.
Oh good, are they finally fixing the defective AWS?

Tractor37

Oh good, are they finally fixing the defective AWS?
Which one FE6410? We used to get a pre recorded message but noticed this week I didn’t get the pre recorded message so assumed it fixed - sadly not the case.

skyhigh

Established Member
Which one FE6410? We used to get a pre recorded message but noticed this week I didn’t get the pre recorded message so assumed it fixed - sadly not the case.
Was thinking of 1042 as you go round the corner from Monkhill towards the signal box which was horn vs bell for ages but admittedly I haven't been that way for a while so it might have been fixed.

DarrenDJSmith

Closure of both boxes has today been postponed! No new date set for closure. The level crossings were set to be taken out of use over this weekend to set them up for the OD2 equipment, that has now been cancelled as well.

skyhigh

Established Member
Do we have any further updates as to when the boxes are due to close?

DarrenDJSmith

We have been told they are looking for opportunities in August and September 2024, but this is subject to TOC's, staff availability and the TRU project. The recent landslip may have a knock on affect to this yet!