• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DANIEL ADAMSON - Historic Railway Steam Tug Tender

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Luxton

Established Member
I have just posted a gallery of images taken on April 23 of a cruise down the Manchester Ship Canal by the historic steam-tug tender DANIEL ADAMSON original built for the Shropshire Union Railways & Canal Company as the RALPH BROCKLEBANK to operate a passenger and barge towing service across the Mersey from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool. Later she passed into the ownership of the Manchester Ship Canal Company when she was renamed DANIEL ADAMSON and her passenger accommodation upgraded to the modernist Art Deco style in the 1930s.

"The Danny" fell on hard times in the 1980s and was abandoned in the Ellesmere Port Boat Museum until her rescue in February 2004. Following a successful Heritage Lottery Fund application the ship was restored by Cammell Laird between 2015 and 2016 and is now operating a programme of cruises.

I have a number of galleries on my web site recording the early days of restoration through to her initial cruises - please click on the link below to access.

http://www.jhluxton.com/Shipping/Historic-Ships/ST-Daniel-Adamson-

from this (2004)

to this

To find out more about The Daniel Adamson please visit www.thedanny.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.