• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay on a Club Avanti ticket: what compensation would be given?

Birkonian

I'm travelling from Liverpool Lime Street to Euston on a Club Avanti freebie. It looks likely to run on time so hopefully no problem. If my train arrived an hour late or more would I be entitled to compensation, e.g. a new free ticket/the theoretical cost of the ticket £67.20) or would Avanti say I should be grateful that they got me to the destination at all? I would have suffered the same inconvenience as any other passenger.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800Travel

I'm travelling from Liverpool Lime Street to Euston on a Club Avanti freebie. It looks likely to run on time so hopefully no problem. If my train arrived an hour late or more would I be entitled to compensation, e.g. a new free ticket/the theoretical cost of the ticket £67.20) or would Avanti say I should be grateful that they got me to the destination at all? I would have suffered the same inconvenience as any other passenger.

5.4. Reward Tickets have a nil value and do not qualify for Delay Repay refunds and are subject to availability.

Personally if I experienced a qualifying delay, I would write to customer service to try and secure a gesture of goodwill. Not entitled to anything under the Ts and Cs however.

Pemberton

I've read about this situation on a different website and the people involved got no joy from Avanti Customer Services. However, in one instance someone contacted Club Avanti direct by email and their voucher code for the journey in question earned through Club Avanti was reissued by them, allowing a further journey to be booked.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I would have suffered the same inconvenience as any other passenger.
And your entitlement to compensation will be exactly the same as any other passenger - in the case of a 1 hour delay that's 100% of the price paid for the ticket (assuming it's a single). Now, how much did you pay?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Delay Repay is based on the value of the ticket, in your case, it is nil.

However if I was seriously delayed (let's say over an hour) I'd probably reach out to see if they would be gracious enough to offer an additional complimentary ticket or an ex-gratia discount code.