• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - can I claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy

07.30 London KGX to Waverley on 03/09 had to take a different route due to a fatal accident on the tracks in North London not connected with that train.

Earlier 0700 had been cancelled for the same reason.

I arrived Waverley 32 mins late according to Realtimetrains (RTT).

Am I able to claim under Delay Repay please or is an incident like this an excluded reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

07.30 KX to Waverley on 03/09 had to take a different route due to a fatal accident on the tracks in North London Not connected wit that train. Earlier 0700 had been cancelled for the same reason. Arrived Waverley 32 mins late according to RTT. Am I able to claim under Delay Repay please or is an incident like this an excluded reason?
Yes you can absolutely claim Delay Repay and are perfectly entitled to this. LNER do not have any exemptions based on what caused the delay. Any delay of thirty minutes or more entitles you to claim. So i would most definitely recommend claiming Delay Repay for this journey.

Tallguy

Yes you can absolutely claim Delay Repay and are perfectly entitled to this. LNER do not have any exemptions based on what caused the delay. Any delay of thirty minutes or more entitles you to claim. So i would most definitely recommend claiming Delay Repay for this journey.
Thank you and hello from Princes Risborough!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes you can claim Delay Repay; this applies based on your final arrival time at your final destination and applies for the whole journey (providing the journey followed a valid itinerary).

If you didn't have a valid connection from Marylebone to King's Cross then you could only claim for London to Edinburgh (if Edinburgh was your final destination); if you did have a valid connection you can claim for the whole journey from PRR.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
As others have said you are able to claim. There are no exclusions that apply to Delay Repay; it is a no fault scheme so you can claim for fatalities, or even for a UFO crashing on Newark Flat Crossing.

Tallguy

That’s fine as long as you had a valid connection time between Marylebone and King’s Cross.
I had a valid connection time across London on my through ticket and have submitted a claim. Now wait and see How long it takes…..

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just to clarify it doesn't matter if you had a through ticket or a combination of tickets; what matters is that it was valid connection. Booking it as one journey guarantees it will be, of course.

With LNER, straightforward claims made online tend to be handled very quickly.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Just to clarify it doesn't matter if you had a through ticket or a combination of tickets; what matters is that it was valid connection. Booking it as one journey guarantees it will be, of course.

With LNER, straightforward claims made online tend to be handled very quickly.
Especially when you book direct and only have to click a link in a text to claim

Tallguy

I filed the claim but haven’t had a response apart from an acknowledgement and a case number. Any idea how long it takes to get a refund please?

boiledbeans2

I filed the claim but haven’t had a response apart from an acknowledgement and a case number. Any idea how long it takes to get a refund please?

I had a delay on the 24 August with LNER. I submitted the claim a few days later and received an automatic email with the case number.

Till today, I still haven't had any further responses. I have checked the junk folder in my email and still nothing.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I had a delay on the 24 August with LNER. I submitted the claim a few days later and received an automatic email with the case number.

Till today, I still haven't had any further responses. I have checked the junk folder in my email and still nothing.
You are not alone in that.

Tallguy

Guess I will just have to be patient, something I am bad at when it comes to money!

E759

DR Claim submitted to LNER 10/8 for journey 9/8. Auto-email response received but nothing further since!

Haywain

Veteran Member
I've had confirmation today of my claim for the same date being approved for payment. Although apparently my delay was "0 minutes"!

boiledbeans2

I've received a reply on my claim a few days ago as well. They said my Leeds to King's Cross train was delayed by 26 mins, therefore is not eligible for the claim.

I immediately replied to their email, with something along the lines of

I didn't submit a claim for Leeds to King's Cross. I submitted a claim for Leeds to Guildford. Please check my claim details again. As the Leeds to King's Cross train was delayed by 26 mins, I took the Waterloo to Guildford train which was scheduled 30 mins after my intended train. Therefore, I was delayed by 30 mins.

It was a through ticket, not a split ticket. Now I guess I need to wait another month for them to reply...

Tallguy

My online banking shows that my refund from LNER will finally be in my account tomorrow. Taken almost a month since submission.

robbeech

Established Member
Good news, to be quite honest a month is a fair bit longer than average with LNER but at least it is happening. However, do check that it is the right amount, as there have been a higher than usual amount of anomalies in the last month. I've had to contact them and remind them of the rules twice when they decided that passengers should have got a service half an hour earlier on a train that was cancelled 10 minutes AFTER it was due to depart. Nonsense, but profitable nonsense.

DaveB10780

My claim with LNER is nearly 7 weeks old now. No idea what they are doing but I am exceedingly unimpressed. Maybe it is because my ticket was booked with TPE but the first leg was LNER.

Status
Not open for further replies.