• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay for a journey starting with the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miklcct

On Moderation
I travelled earlier today on the following route:
Tube from Brixton - Vauxhall
SWR from Vauxhall - Clapham Junction
Southern from Clapham Junction - Southampton Central
SWR from Southampton Central - Bournemouth

Unfortunately the final leg was delayed by about 20 minutes so I would like to claim Delay Repay from SWR. The tickets I used were Oyster PAYG from Brixton to Clapham Junction (£1.60), then two Advance tickets for each of the long distance train booked as a through itinerary on Trainsplit (£1.75 + £3.65). I had kept legal connection times at all interchanges.

Can I claim the whole of my journey starting from the Tube? If so, do I enter Brixton - Vauxhall as the first leg of my journey and use the timetable found on TfL website?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I travelled earlier today on the following route:
Tube from Brixton - Vauxhall
SWR from Vauxhall - Clapham Junction
Southern from Clapham Junction - Southampton Central
SWR from Southampton Central - Bournemouth

Unfortunately the final leg was delayed by about 20 minutes so I would like to claim Delay Repay from SWR. The tickets I used were Oyster PAYG from Brixton to Clapham Junction (£1.60), then two Advance tickets for each of the long distance train booked as a through itinerary on Trainsplit (£1.75 + £3.65). I had kept legal connection times at all interchanges.

Can I claim the whole of my journey starting from the Tube? If so, do I enter Brixton - Vauxhall as the first leg of my journey and use the timetable found on TfL website?
I would claim as from Vauxhall to save argument.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you obtain your journey history from TfL it should show Brixton to Clapham Junction as one journey with the times at each end. I'd include that as the first 'ticket'. If you get into difficulties because they don't like the Underground part then point out that Vauxhall to Clapham Junction is the same price so they should still include it for delay repay.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, I agree with @MikeWh

However what would otherwise be a relatively simple claim would become very complex and have to be looked at manually, with a fairly high chance of being rejected and a dispute them arising.

If it was me personally, I would keep it simple and stick with claiming on the through itinerary provided by Trainsplit and not add screenshots of PAYG journey as it wouldn't be worth my time entering into a debate about pennies, but you may take a different view.

miklcct

On Moderation
Update:

I have entered the whole journey manually from Brixton to Bournemouth, got an "information required" response saying the system couldn't find my journey.

I reentered the same journey, then got it rejected, which I appealed with the reason that the system didn't let me to select my desired journey, with an explanation box where I listed the operators for each leg and told that the last leg was delayed. The appeal succeeded. Well done SWR.

Status
Not open for further replies.