• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

Just wondering what the collective wisdom of the forum is with regard what I should expect back from London Midland for a Delay Repay claim from yesterday.

It was an East Midlands 3 in 7 day Rover, and I was travelling from Milton Keynes Central to Grimsby Town, via Tamworth and Sheffield.

On departure from MKC the train was delayed 36 minutes due to some apparent vandalism, which had the knock on effect of me missing my connection at Tamworth.

Had the connections all gone according to plan, I'd have been home and hosed by 20:38, instead, I didn't get in until 22:01.

It was no biggy, as I was travelling for fun anyway, but if there's a chance of some RTVs, I'm saving up for an exciting family trip.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Had the connections all gone according to plan, I'd have been home and hosed by 20:38, instead, I didn't get in until 22:01.

Sounds like you were delayed by 1 hour 23 minutes, then.

In which case, why wouldn't you be due Delay Repay? :-?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Generally if it's a three day ticket they'll divide the value by three and then again by two to produce a value for a single journey (it's assumed, very generously that you make only one return journey a day on a rover).

They then usually apply the DR compensation based on the value of that single journey.

Last edited:

DeeGee

So, realistically, I'm looking at about 1/6 of the ticket value? About 14 or 15 quid, then? That should be quite nice. Wasn't sure if they would have been working out maybe a pro-rata of only what proportion they carried me or whatever. What with it being a Rover they could legitimately expect me not to be travelling from the two extremities of the validity zone.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
So, realistically, I'm looking at about 1/6 of the ticket value? About 14 or 15 quid, then? That should be quite nice. Wasn't sure if they would have been working out maybe a pro-rata of only what proportion they carried me or whatever. What with it being a Rover they could legitimately expect me not to be travelling from the two extremities of the validity zone.

Realistically, yes.

It should be noted that my post was only a generalisation and each TOC is at liberty to calculate the cost of your journey on their own basis (there is nothing written down which says what you should receive here). All the TOC really has to do is be "fair".

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Every time I've claimed on a rover they've indeed divided it by the number of days and then halved it.

The exception being Northern with a day Ranger who said that they were giving me half then the cheque was for the value of the whole ticket :lol:

DeeGee

So, it's just come in. They asked me to email them my planned itinerary and the actual timings, and they've decided on £28.45 as a refund.

I've taken it in RTVs, because I like to do that, and now I have to find a fun journey starting in Grimsby Town to give me good value for this refund :D

How do you reckon they've calculated it?

6Gman

Established Member
So, it's just come in. They asked me to email them my planned itinerary and the actual timings, and they've decided on £28.45 as a refund.

I've taken it in RTVs, because I like to do that, and now I have to find a fun journey starting in Grimsby Town to give me good value for this refund :D

How do you reckon they've calculated it?

Some naughty people would suggest that any journey away from Grimsby would be a fun choice.

But not me you understand.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.