• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay on bus replacement service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbouffant

Hi there:
I hold a season ticket from East Grinstead to London Terminals.
Last night, I headed home after a works do but was dismayed to find a bus replacement from Oxted because of planned overnight engineering works.
The bus arrived at East Grinstead about 40 minutes later than the scheduled train should have done.
Is delay repay payable in such scenarios if this is scheduled engineering works which was advertised in good time?
Thanks!
--mrb

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Is delay repay payable in such scenarios if this is scheduled engineering works which was advertised in good time?
Personally I would say no. If the replacement bus was in the timetable well in advance and ran on time, I would say that means you don't qualify for delay repay.

Class800

Established Member
Only if it was emergency engineering work that was not planned before the day would delay repay be liable, in which case it would be treated the same as any disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.