• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilCr

Hi guys

First question so be gentle

My partner and I were delayed for over 15 minutes on a journey from London Victoria to Ramsgate. I have made a claim for myself from South Eastern which is being processed. That's fine

My question is about the claim for my partner. I paid - the whole couple of days were a birthday present for her - and she is happy for me to have any compensation available. Can I claim for her, too, - I have both tickets - or does she have to do it herself. It isn't obvious to me from the Q and A on the South Eastern site. It probably is there and I have missed it!

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NeilCr

ETA

My assumption would be that she would have to make the claim as on the form you have to confirm that you made the journey

maxbarnish

I don't have much experience with Southeastern, but usually there is an option to select claim for a group

hkstudent

Established Member
ETA

My assumption would be that she would have to make the claim as on the form you have to confirm that you made the journey
Well, best solution is, you type in the delay repay form (online) for her, including her bank details.
What's need is, ask her to click confirm. Much simpler.

NeilCr

Thanks guys

To be honest I started this without thinking. I made a claim for myself - then realised I had her ticket and when we talked she was happy for me to have the money in my account (see above). I was just wondering if I could make a second claim using her ticket.

I'll get her to make the claim herself and she can buy me a drink with any proceeds. Hkstudent - we don't live together and don't share information like that but ta for the suggestion

maxbarnish. I didn't particularly notice that option but - to be fair I wasn't really looking

WesternLancer

Established Member
Thanks guys

To be honest I started this without thinking. I made a claim for myself - then realised I had her ticket and when we talked she was happy for me to have the money in my account (see above). I was just wondering if I could make a second claim using her ticket.

I'll get her to make the claim herself and she can buy me a drink with any proceeds. Hkstudent - we don't live together and don't share information like that but ta for the suggestion

maxbarnish. I didn't particularly notice that option but - to be fair I wasn't really looking
having just done a delay repay from SET (claim in progress) I didn't actually see a 'group' option - or it didn't jump out at me anyway - but hopefully your partner will have got their own claim in now anyway too and all will get sorted.

It's odd not to have a group option of course - anyone say travelling on a 2 Together railcard would typically need that for example!

hkstudent

Established Member
having just done a delay repay from SET (claim in progress) I didn't actually see a 'group' option - or it didn't jump out at me anyway - but hopefully your partner will have got their own claim in now anyway too and all will get sorted.

It's odd not to have a group option of course - anyone say travelling on a 2 Together railcard would typically need that for example!
That's pretty odd indeed.
Southwestern does provide delay repay claim as a group.

NeilCr

Thanks

As you say, it isn't obvious if it is there. I couldn't find anything in the Q and A about it, either

Yes. I have given her the ticket back to make her own claim. It, certainly, would have been easier if I could have done it - not least because she has some sight impairment and will, likely, need help with the online form. Not a major problem, of course, as her son lives with her but still

It's the first time I have claimed delay repay. To be honest had the train manager not mentioned it I probably wouldn't have thought to do it this time. Now I know the system a bit more I'll look carefully when next making a claim for a group option

As a side note I wonder how many people know that it is 15 minutes. I'll admit to thinking it was more than that - there have been a couple of trips where I could have made a claim in the past but didn't really think I could.

hkstudent

Established Member
Thanks

As you say, it isn't obvious if it is there. I couldn't find anything in the Q and A about it, either

Yes. I have given her the ticket back to make her own claim. It, certainly, would have been easier if I could have done it - not least because she has some sight impairment and will, likely, need help with the online form. Not a major problem, of course, as her son lives with her but still

It's the first time I have claimed delay repay. To be honest had the train manager not mentioned it I probably wouldn't have thought to do it this time. Now I know the system a bit more I'll look carefully when next making a claim for a group option

As a side note I wonder how many people know that it is 15 minutes. I'll admit to thinking it was more than that - there have been a couple of trips where I could have made a claim in the past but didn't really think I could.
There are some posters on some Southeastern stations in London for the Delay Repay 15 scheme (which was implemented in September this year). So, there should be some kind of awareness for that...

NeilCr

Sure

I'll have a look on Ramsgate and Margate stations later this week to see if they have these posters.

I am not particularly getting at SouthEastern about how they publicise their Delay Repay. It's more that folks like me don't really think that much about it - 15 minutes doesn't seem that long

Most of us just go to the station - buy our tickets - get on our train - and don't look at the posters (which, of course, is not SouthEastern's fault)

hkstudent

Established Member
Sure

I'll have a look on Ramsgate and Margate stations later this week to see if they have these posters.

I am not particularly getting at SouthEastern about how they publicise their Delay Repay. It's more that folks like me don't really think that much about it - 15 minutes doesn't seem that long

Most of us just go to the station - buy our tickets - get on our train - and don't look at the posters (which, of course, is not SouthEastern's fault)
Indeed. Of course, most suburban train operators now provide 15-minute delay repay. Worth a check whenever you are being delayed.
Delay repay system is pretty generous, compare to Mainland Europeans

NeilCr

Yes - it is generous

The Train Manager was really good at Victoria - he repeated the announcements about Delay Repay for a considerable amount of the journey. Somewhere (Faversham?) he was replaced and the new guy just apologised for the delay - so I guess that is something SouthEastern could work on

I am retired these days - I/we still use the train quite a bit but I am more relaxed than when I was commuting about small(ish) delays!

WesternLancer

Established Member
Thanks

Yes, good point, tho I have noticed around the system quite a few posters about it (where it has been rolled out) and given it seems a 'national standard' that DfT are keen on having across the franchises it's useful that it is consistent across the country - where it operates/ has been rolled out. I've noticed guards stating it and occasional auto announcements on it too so it's poss people will become more widely aware of it. No doubt if payouts exceed the accountants and franchise bidding teams projected estimated claim figures those awareness raising exercises will decline....

Having said all that there's a fair few threads on here about payments not being made that should be, and the need to 'appeal' rejected claims that have a small element of complication about them that staff processing the claims are presumably simply not reading or taking care to understand.

hkstudent

Established Member
Yes, good point, tho I have noticed around the system quite a few posters about it (where it has been rolled out) and given it seems a 'national standard' that DfT are keen on having across the franchises it's useful that it is consistent across the country - where it operates/ has been rolled out. I've noticed guards stating it and occasional auto announcements on it too so it's poss people will become more widely aware of it. No doubt if payouts exceed the accountants and franchise bidding teams projected estimated claim figures those awareness raising exercises will decline....

Having said all that there's a fair few threads on here about payments not being made that should be, and the need to 'appeal' rejected claims that have a small element of complication about them that staff processing the claims are presumably simply not reading or taking care to understand.
Sometime, too many alternative routes that can be taken, which is beyond staff's understanding, without description from passenger.

Also, I often receive delay repay notification (at least for Southeastern) at night time or early morning, which cause me a great doubt of where are be based.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Sometime, too many alternative routes that can be taken, which is beyond staff's understanding, without description from passenger.

Also, I often receive delay repay notification (at least for Southeastern) at night time or early morning, which cause me a great doubt of where are be based.
You have my sympathy!

For Southeastern I noted no place to add explanatory comment on the online claim form, which of course if that was possible (eg a comment box) might help.

Am I to understand you work on dealing with the claims? If so thanks for your efforts, your time to post here and very best wishes to you!

NeilCr

Pretty impressed by SouthEastern so far. Claim accepted.

It's been pretty straightforward to this point anyway - fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.