• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DIY ticket splitting Hairmyres to Broughty Ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saperstein

Hi,

I recently made a rail journey from Hairmyres to Broughty Ferry.

Booking sites were giving me a price of £25.80 for a single with Disabled rail card.

This seemed dear as Broughty Ferry or Dundee to Glasgow Stations is only £15.80 and Glasgow Stations to Hairmyres is only £2.60.

I tried the train splitting sites and could only get the £25.80 fare displayed so in the end I did some “DIY splitting”.

HMY - GLC/GLQ £2.60
GLC/GLQ - BYF £15.80

(Saving of £7.40).

Both tickets included bus transfer from Glasgow Central to Glasgow Queen Street.

I was surprised none of the ticket splitting sites didn’t pick this up though.

Saperstein.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Trainsplit suggests splitting at Stirling, rather than Glasgow, to save another 90p. It also offers through Advances for considerably less.

Saperstein

Trainsplit suggests splitting at Stirling, rather than Glasgow, to save another 90p. It also offers through Advances for considerably less.

Thanks @Romilly that is one of the sites I looked at but I must admit it was only on the morning of departure, perhaps thats why I didn’t see a saving.

Saperstein.

route101

Established Member
Hi,

I recently made a rail journey from Hairmyres to Broughty Ferry.

Booking sites were giving me a price of £25.80 for a single with Disabled rail card.

This seemed dear as Broughty Ferry or Dundee to Glasgow Stations is only £15.80 and Glasgow Stations to Hairmyres is only £2.60.

I tried the train splitting sites and could only get the £25.80 fare displayed so in the end I did some “DIY splitting”.

HMY - GLC/GLQ £2.60
GLC/GLQ - BYF £15.80

(Saving of £7.40).

Both tickets included bus transfer from Glasgow Central to Glasgow Queen Street.

I was surprised none of the ticket splitting sites didn’t pick this up though.

Saperstein.

Hairmyres is local to me , what were you doing there ?

Notice advances are offered on the EK line now

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks @Romilly that is one of the sites I looked at but I must admit it was only on the morning of departure, perhaps thats why I didn’t see a saving.

Saperstein.
It should show the cheaper walk-up fares. Note that if cheaper fares require slower journeys, they won't show in 'Fast' mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.