• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does starting/stopping short count as Break of Journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLandy

Established Member
I've not been able to confirm this one way or the other.

I've noticed that there are no LM SuperSaver fares available on the Liverpool-Birmingham services, but there are some that are valid on that corridor to stations between Rugby and Euston. Is it valid to start/stop short on these tickets, or does the no BoJ on the outbound portion prevent it?

To cut a long story short, next time I travel between Southampton and Hartford, I'd like to give the Chiltern Mk3s a go, and I'm looking at what options I have for that.

TIA!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Based on documents available to me, I would say that starting/ending short is considered a break of journey.

RJ

Established Member
ATOC have said yes, they do when I have had personal correspondence with them. I agree with their stance on this.

AndyLandy

Established Member
OK, thanks for the input. I suspected this would be the case, but always worth checking. Time to look at other options then.

Status
Not open for further replies.