• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver depots @ EastCoast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelman73

Hi all, 1st post on your fine forum....
Im currently a mainline driver for a TOC that considers themselves neither third nor second ;), but im currently replying to an advert in RailNews for qualified mainline drivers to join EastCoast at their Kings Cross depot. If i were fortunate enough to get a job with EastCoast i would be more than happy to work at Kings Cross for as long as necessary (did that sound too 'interview-ish') but ultimately down the line so to speak id like to move up north for family reasons, my question is simply where are EastCoast's driver depots located beyond London?
Thank y'all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Kings Cross, Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle I'm aware of but I didn't think there was a depot at Doncaster, what about Inverness, Glasgow Central - would that be covered by Edinburgh depot?

E&W Lucas

Established Member
The correct answer is Doncaster, Leeds, Newcastle & Edinburgh.

Failed Unit

Established Member
They don't have one at King's Cross?

They definately do. They also have staff based at Glasgow, Inverness and Aberdeen. But I think that is different to having depot there. For example the inverness mob just do one diagram from Monday - Friday. They do Inverness - Newcastle and return.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
They don't have one at King's Cross?

If you trouble to read the original post, you will notice that the OP was asking about depots beyond London.

I can also assure you that there are no drivers based north of Edinburgh. Inverness & Aberdeen are covered by lodge turns.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Bit touchy. :roll:

Not at all.

A fellow Driver has asked for accurate information, to assist him in applying for an advertised job at KX. I know the answer, so I've provided it.

(Before anyone asks, the jobs are for Qualified Drivers. Applications for Trainee Driver are not being conidered.

What he doesn't need is theories from enthusiasts/ spotters/ dreamers.

Best of luck to the gent!

turbo mick

Newcastle drivers do the inverness run and lodge and also some of the aberdeen jobs as well a very hard depot to get a vacancy over the years

cheers

wheelman73

Application form fired off, thanks to all especially E&W Lucas and bellwater for your replies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.