• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Easiest/hardest franchises to manage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Established Member
Easiest, Merseyrail most of it is self contained, even having there own platform(s) at Chester & Southport, only real conflict with other TOCs is at, Hunts Cross West Junction, & ECS movements at Chester to the sidings/depot.

Herdest, Cross Country, having to fit the schedules in around other TOCs on all branches, any delays on one section of the network add to delayed elsewhere including for other TOCs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Caledonian Sleeper is very tricky. I speak from experience!

Massive operating area, running at night when there's engineering work everywhere, complex relationships with suppliers, very labour intensive, and only a few trains a night, so one delay absolutely trashes your PPM measures.

Fyldeboy

Does that not make it difficult? Politically it's a very difficult franchise (although infrastructure-wise it isn't the hardest).
I totally agree. My post says that it is easy, but follows that with your excerpt, after a but - ie, factors that compromise that easiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.