• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Lancs Railway. Steam Gala, (Lostock Hall Theme).

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
East Lancs Railway. Steam Gala, (Lostock Hall Theme). Saturday & Sunday 11th & 12th March 2017.

Back in the UK and on home ground. The East Lancs Railway always put on a fantastic gala, be it diesel or steam, what a great shame they can`t organise some better weather though for these events, it was horrible and dark on the Saturday, but the rain stayed away, and I had to wind the old ISO up a fair bit to get any half decent shots, thank goodness for digital cameras. I stuck to lineside and largely concentrated on the area from Burrs to Bury, tucked away for the most part from the maddening crowds, Sundays forecast was the same, but amazingly I awoken to blue skies, so I was out trackside for a second day with bright sunshine at times, and lovely to catch up with a few old friends, a big well done to all involved.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...23362105180.1073742686.100001125840218&type=3

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
The same for me too on all Shredder's reports. I think it's because I am not on facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.