• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Effect on first class ticket sales when first class removed and later reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I feel this could have gone in the rolling stock forum or here.

When first class is removed from a service, as happened with the Guildford to Ascot services, and then is later reinstated, do rail companies find people go back to purchasing the first class tickets once more or do people think to themselves, standard class isn't so bad, so I'll just stick with that?

How busy are the Guildford to Ascot trains and was first class will patronized before removal? It may be too early to see if the same numbers have returned.

Also does having a standard class section that was once first class or is declassified, impact of fire class ticket sales much? I'm think class 165 or is it 166s here which have or had a standard class section that had been first class and the 700s were the back section is always declassified. On the Sutton Loop, bat a few services day, that is always declassified at both ends.

One can't use Oyster for first class tickets I believe, which might have some impact but I imagine it would be small.

Status
Not open for further replies.