• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR TM First Day Jitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salesy

Hi all,

The thread title says it all really. My first day as a TM for EMR tomorrow and I’m nervous AF.

Anyone else starting on this intake?

I know it sounds silly but my main worry is actually travelling there. The original course joining instructions stipulated smart business dress but a subsequent email from HR stipulates uniform. I feel like I shouldn’t wear the uniform on the train if I’m not yet trained.

I’m planning to go up in civvies and get changed there.

Also, I haven’t been issued a tie yet (from memory, I think I get that from my depot) so unsure whether I should take a plain tie of my own to replace it.

Tbh, I should have sorted this out in the week so a big initiative test fail for me!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

keep truckin

If the last email from HR said uniform, then wear that, when you get there just tell them you haven't been issued a tie, I wouldn't bother wearing a different one as its not uniform & it'll look naff.

Also, don't worry about the journey on train, if any staff ask for assistance, just tell them its your first day and you are not trained. Don't worry about it, you ain't going to be carrying out emergency protection on the line.

Nerves are natural, I was nervous as hell in my driver interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.