• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emt,hst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracen43

Can someone please tell me which ST.Pancras to sheffield services are HSTS, and which ones are 221,s,or do they chop and change due to availability.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have a suspicion it might only be the services that run from/to Leeds that are HSTs the rest of the time it's 222s. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

bnsf734

Thats my understanding as well. During the day the St Pancras - Nottingham services are HST. The morning Leeds starters will be HST to get the stock out from Neville Hill.

Calv

saracen43

I have a suspicion it might only be the services that run from/to Leeds that are HSTs the rest of the time it's 222s. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

Thanks for the gen thats a great help,just for curiosity what is the difference between 221s and 222s as i am not very knowalgeble about these.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No problem! :)

See here for the 221 and here for the 222. But basically the 221 is just a 220 with tilt, whilst the 222 is based upon the 220/221 but takes lessons from them to improve its design (also doesn't have tilt).

Status
Not open for further replies.