• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excess LNER bought E-Ticket with Northern Guard prior to departure at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstudent

Established Member
I will be travelling on a 1233 service from London Kings Cross to Leeds and then to change for a 1512 from Leeds to Hebden Bridge.
I have found that there's a 1457 departure which is just one minute short of minimum connection time.
Since all segments were bought with split ticket (London - Leeds, Leeds - Hebden Bridge), would it be possible to excess the ticket with the guard onboard when he gets down to the platform at Leeds prior to departure if I can make it, and how likely he can issue such an issue instead of waiting 15 more minutes and travel on a slower service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Benjwri

Established Member
I will be travelling on a 1233 service from London Kings Cross to Leeds and then to change for a 1512 from Leeds to Hebden Bridge.
I have found that there's a 1457 departure which is just one minute short of minimum connection time.
Since all segments were bought with split ticket (London - Leeds, Leeds - Hebden Bridge), would it be possible to excess the ticket with the guard onboard when he gets down to the platform at Leeds prior to departure if I can make it, and how likely he can issue such an issue instead of waiting 15 more minutes and travel on a slower service?
What ticket do you hold for the Leeds to Hebden bridge segment already? It pretty much depends on that.

LowLevel

Established Member
If your ticket is an advance single it can't be excessed by staff with portable machines so it depends what type it is.

skyhigh

Established Member
If it's an Advance the guard won't be able to excess it. If you asked politely they may give you permission to travel early, but there's no entitlement to it.

If you download the Seatfrog app however you might be able to amend the Advance yourself as Northern now offer this on selected tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.